Frequently Asked Question
Jabber is the chat client on campus. These settings are specific to a user.
If you don't want to be contacted except by a certain list of people, you can set up a block list.
- Click on the Gear in the top right, and chose "Options"
- Choose the Privacy tab
- Here you can choose to block everyone by default. If you need finer controls, choose advanced.
- In advanced you can specify specific people to block or allow.
If you have few people to allow, the easiest set up is to:
- Choose block all (domain and external) on the privacy tab
- Add people to your address book. Those added to your address book manually override your privacy settings and can chat with you.
Things to know:
- Your contact list can always contact you, regardless of your privacy settings