Frequently Asked Question
A simple way to identify at-risk students in an online-only course is to check how many days it has been since they last accessed the course.
To access this information, take the following steps:
- After logging into BeaconLearning (beaconlearning.bushnell.edu), select the course you're interested in
- On the left, in the Navigation block, click "Participants"
- Select the drop down menu under "Inactive for more than" to filter your students
- Perhaps more than 5 days in an online-only class and you may want to reach out to your student(s)
- Click "Select all" who meet this criteria
- In the drop down menu at the bottom of the page "With selected users..." choose "Send a message"
- This should pull up a new screen to type your message and hit send