Frequently Asked Question
- Log into your Office 365 account and connect to the Stream app for videos
- Once in Stream, click the Create menu to Create a group
- Name your group (i.e. FA 2020 BTM 100)
- In the Add group members section, search for all members of your course using their username (most accurately from J1Web Course Rosters)
- Click Create to save after typing in all of your users/group members
- Remember to add any TAs or additional users who may not be on your course roster
- Create a channel only for this group
To link this upload option into your Beacon Learning course, click to enter the newly created group channel. Copy the URL in the address bar and paste it into your course (I typically use a label). Instruct students to use this link to upload their videos.
Video Podcast Upload to Stream with Link & Instructions
Upload your video using the link below. If you have tech failure, submit an IT ticket and forward your receipt to your instructor before the due date.
Link to Stream video podcast upload for HIST 162: Oral History Video
- Click the link above
- Make sure you're signed in to your Bushnell account
- Click the upload arrow on the top right
- Drag your video file to the center area of the page
- The upload will begin. While it uploads:
- Give it an appropriate & descriptive name
- Select the permissions tab
- Make sure the box to make the video available to the entire company is unchecked; your class group should be checked to display
The final step is to click Publish Now when your video is finished!